Declaration on the use of the Type II Environmental Label for a group of products which are built-in metal components in office files
In organization NIKO d.o.o., we equipped the group of products that are installed in the file with the Mobius loop environmental label in accordance with the standard ISO 14021:2016 Environmental labels and declarations – Self-declared environmental claims (Type II environmental labelling).
The components of the file marked with the Mobius loop are:
- - lever arch mechanisms,
- - compressors and
- - small metal mounting parts (oval and round rings, rivets).
The product group to be installed in the file and to which the Mobius Loop Type II Environmental Label applies shall meet the following specific requirements of point 7 of ISO 14021:2016:
- 7.4 Designed for disassembly: Products consist of metal and plastic parts. Plastic parts can be separated from metal ones. We have prepared Disassembly Instructions for our users.
- 7.7 Recyclable: Metal and plastic components of products are disposed of in separate waste collection containers after the end of the life of the file. Collected waste shall be handed over to an authorized waste collector in accordance with national legislation.
- - Suitable waste numbers for end users are: 20 01 39 Plastics, 20 01 40 Metals
- - Suitable waste numbers for organizations are also: 12 01 02 Ferrous metal dust and particles, 12 01 05 Plastics shavings and turnings
- 7.8 Material transformation of a part of waste: During the production of the base plate of the mechanism, steel fibres are formed, which are used as a construction product Steel fibres 33/40 BR. The demand on the market for this product is smaller than the amount of steel fibre waste.
On the website of NIKO d.o.o. Železniki (https://www.niko.si/), all relevant information regarding our Type II Environmental Label (Declaration on the use of the Type II Environmental Label and Disassembly Instructions) is available to the interested public. By agreement with the management, it is possible to obtain more accurate data that confirms our claims of meeting the specific requirements of ISO 14021:2016.
We have established criteria related to environmental protection and that support sustainable development, and we check them annually:
- Evaluation of suppliers in relation to environmental management.
- Quality control of materials according to the REACH Regulation.
- Availability and adequacy of data on the website of NIKO d.o.o. in relation to the Type II Environmental Label.
- Inspection of the construction product Steel fibres 33/40 BR according to SIST EN 14889-1:2006.
The management of NIKO d.o.o. Železniki ensures that the information is accurate, true and relevant for the period when the product is available on the market.
Železniki, November 2021
Declaration on the use of the Type II Environmental Label for a group of products which are builtin metal components in office files - PDF document.
Separation of metal and plastic parts of the lever arch mechanism
Necessary accessories: vice, saw
Separation of metal and plastic parts of the compressor bar